Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Pergola Patterns How To Flash A Ledger For A Pergola?

How to flash a ledger for a pergola? - pergola patterns

Hello, I'm building a pergola attached to the house. The house is brick up to 10 meters, then your vinyl siding on the roof. The book (2 x 8 x 12 m) is the house where the brick meets the siding can be connected so that surrounded the Council through the coating into 3 parts and pieces on the ground. My plan is milled in the vinyl siding and use coach screws to ensure reduce the Committee that the tunnels behind the facades.
So my question is - how can I flash to ensure the registration and that I sealed this thing?
1. Should I spray some silicone right to pre-drilled holes in the studs for the screws in late?
2. Should I a room (with washers) between the book and the house?
3. When the lightning of the accounts, the amount of flicker I am not prepared to hold accounts - What to wrap all the way to the water as in a Z pattern (which I think are ugly), or can I at 90 ° to get, as the L-model? How can I join - the nails?
And finally,
4. Is it necessary to use the J-channel and how the hell should I use?

No comments:

Post a Comment